Monday, March 31, 2014

Homemade Paleo Meatballs and Pasta



Usually being able to eat certain things doesn't bother me, if you would ask me the only things I really miss are doughnuts and pizza, since I can't have the cheese. The other day though I was craving pasta, good homemade pasta. I decided I would find a recipe, I did, it was incredible then I made my homemade marinara (recipe to follow) and made up a recipe for paleo meatballs. It turned out incredible, it was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever eaten, and I've made my own glutenous pasta and been to Italy. It was a process but worth it. I will say the noodles were ugly I couldn't get them through the past press without them breaking so I made them into strips, they'd be great for lasagna! Here's the link to the pasta:

http://www.paleocupboard.com/paleo-pasta.html 
Make sure you cook the pasta in salted water for 2-3 minutes


For the meatballs: 

Parsley diced small (about a cup) 
Organic Grass Fed ground beef (about 1lb.) 
1 Organic egg wisked
1 tbsp. of dried Italian spice blend (not a spice packet, we don't want any added salt or chemicals) 
about 1/4 cup almond flour finely ground
4-5 cloves minced garlic (I like mine really garlicy, adjust to taste) 
salt 
pepper
1/2 sweet onion finely diced

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Put everything in a bowl and mix by hand form into balls about 1" 

Heat a skillet on medium high with about 1 tbsp. avocado oil in it, slowly add the meatballs and brown on each side, no need to cook all the way through. 
Put the entire pan in the oven (make sure your skillet is oven-safe) for about 10 minutes.  

Spoon Marina over fresh noodles and add the meatballs!

No comments:

Post a Comment