Saturday, July 5, 2014

Cashew Cream, My Current Obsession.

This has become something I literally keep in the fridge now, I have a major sweet tooth and this will satisfy it 80% of the time (the other 20% require chocolate, obviously). This is super easy to make, not loaded in calories and is super healthy and even more tasty. I have made an unsweetened version and used it in place of heavy cream in savory recipes and it works perfectly, I will blog some of those this fall when I am craving hearty dishes like that. But this is sweet and amazing especially over berries or any fruit.

Start by putting raw unsalted cashews in a bowl and cover completely with water let soak 6-10 hours in a cool place counters are fine, but not in the hot summer, so try the fridge. When they are done soaking, drain the water and put the cashews in a high powered blender, like a Vitamix with about 1/4 cup of water for each cup of cashews. To sweeten add about 1 Tbsp. of grade B maple syrup per cup of cashews and 1/2 Tbsp. of Gluten Free vanilla extract. Turn blender on and leave for about 2 minutes. Take out and store in a container in the fridge and use as you want, a little goes a long way and will totally become a staple when you want a cold healthy summer treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment